After not running for a couple of months I just ran a 5-K. I pulled my hamstring about a year ago and I think it shortened when it healed so some days it would hurt to just walk let alone run. Anyway it finally dawned on me that maybe massaging it would help. It did and now I can run again. I'm still not fully recovered but at least I can run. I'm a lot slower now and I can't go for very long runs yet. I'm hoping to be able enjoy my runs like I used to. I guess I took it for granted that I could run so much and so long and not hurt. I miss that feeling of going out and running where ever I wanted and however long I wanted. I love the feeling of a good run!
I loved running this 5-k. I was planning on not competing, but knowing myself and how competitive I am I thought that I might change my mind if I wasn't hurting. The Thursday before the race I couldn't even walk so I was a little worried, but after getting a massage I felt a little better. So Saturday a little into the race I decided that I felt pretty good so I started racing. I was tired but I didn't let anyone pass me. Well that is till the very end. They didn't tell me to turn at the very end so a girl passed me and I took third place overall out of the women instead of second. I was one second behind her. I was happy with my time for not running or training, now I just want to run more. I love the race atmosphere and the feeling after running a good race. Nate always comes to my races even though it's usually cold and early. I'm so glad he comes to cheer me on. It makes me happy to have him there.




No comments:
Post a Comment